Inpatient Eating Disorders Program Components:
- Nutritional Assessment and Education with a Registered Dietician
- Process and Skill Building Groups with a Licensed Clinician
- Yoga / Body Awareness Group
- Family Education Classes
- Clinically Supervised Gentle Eating
- Medical Evaluation and Treatment
- Individual Therapy, Family Therapy
- Group Psychotherapy, Art and Movement Therapy
- Occupational and Recreational Therapy
- 12-Step Groups and Case Management
Eating Disorders Partial Hospitalization Program
The Eating Disorders Partial Hospitalization Program utilizes a multi-dimensional treatment approach which allows us to address all aspects of eating disorders: medical, nutritional, psychological, biochemical and behavioral. The Program provides a supportive environment in which clients can explore the issues, current stressors, and biochemical factors, that underlie eating disorder behaviors such as bingeing, purging, starving, compulsive exercising, and compulsive overeating.
This Program operates Monday through Friday and includes two supervised meals and a snack. Clients can be directly admitted to the program, if medically and clinically appropriate. Clients may also step down into the Partial Program, from an In-Patient setting, providing a safe transition into a lower level of care.
Gerald Cohen, MD - Co-Medical Director
Peter Hirsch, MD - Co-Medical Director